TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE TERMS FOR THE TESTING AND INSPECTION OF ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS.
1. 15% VAT will be added to all prices. Any verbal prices will usually exclude VAT. Please make sure about this before accepting a verbal price.
2. Our hourly rate is R380 per hour. However, should a customer supply the material, for which we would have had a mark-up, and only pay for
labour, the hourly rate will be adjusted upward to R415 per hour.
3. Overtime is charged at 1,5 times the normal rate and is payable for any work performed before 08:00 or after 17:00 on Mondays - Thursdays
and before 08:00 or after 15:30 on Fridays due to earlier closure as well as for any work performed on Saterdays.
4. Double the normal rate is payable for any work performed on Sundays or public holidays.
5, Any night work required will be charged at the overtime rate applicable to the day in question.
6. Quoted work will be done at the quoted price and only for the work quoted for. Any extras will be added to the final amount.
7. Estimates is just that, an estimated (approximate) price. The price can either stay as it is or be adjusted upward or downward when the
actual costs have been calculated.
8. Please be aware that if a Certificate of Compliance is required, additional costs will be added to the final amount. That is if the certificate
was not included in a quote, when doing a quoted job.
9. Please note that we charge for fluorescent lamp disposal. The cost for this is as follows: 8ft at R6 per lamp and 5ft and under at R3 per lamp.
10. Our rates are adjusted annually at the end of February. We do however reserve the right to adjust our rates at any given time without any
prior notice. Please contact our office to clarify any uncertainty about our rates.
11. No guarantee is available from our suppliers and therefore to you on thermostats, elements and any lamps.
12. Please note that we do not accept any cheques. EFT is the preferred method of payment but we will accept cash as well.
13. Please note that if a cash deposit is made directly into our account, a cash deposit fee will be applicable. Please contact our office before
making any deposit to clarify the extra amount to be paid. We bank at FNB and their current rates for cash deposits are R8,40 plus an extra
R3,09 per R100 or part thereof. Please take note that a minimum deposit fee of R45 applies.
14. Please take note that if any cash deposit is received without the cash deposit fee, you will be invoiced for that outstanding fee plus the cash
deposit fee that will apply once again.
1. A minimum of one (1) hour will be charged for each call out. Thereafter charges will be calculated per half (0,5) an hour or any part thereof.
2. In addition, a call out fee of R500 applies to each call out received after hours and over weekends, the call out fee falls away during normal
3. Labour time is calculated from the time material is booked out of our store up to the time any unused material is booked back in. Traveling
time is included in the total labour time and includes time spent traveling to and from the customer.
4. Should we be called out to say, repair a light, but on arrival the customer requests us to do additional work, such work will be charged for at
our normal rates and will include any extra material used, time spent to complete the job and any additional traveling time and mileage.
5. The minimum charge will be levied for any call out that is cancelled after we have already left the office to go to the customer. Remember
that in such a case we had already spent time on booking out material, partial traveling, administration etc.
MILEAGE AND MATERIAL
1. We charge a minimum mileage fee of R250 per round trip of 40km or less. Should mileage exceed 40km, the total is charged at R6,25 per km.
2. Mileage is charged as TRAVELING on the invoice. It is transport cost and is not to be confused with traveling time. Traveling time, as
explained under CALL OUT is charged for and included under LABOUR.
3. The cost for any material used is charged for in addition to labour and mileage.
4. All material used remain the property of WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd until full and final payment has been received.
WHEN ACCEPTING A QUOTATION
1. PAYMENT: A deposit is required to start work. The balance is payable upon completion. The deposit amount will be determined
depending on the total amount quoted. Final payment is due apon receipt of the final invoice. Please note that
if a payment is made in cash, a cash deposit fee will be applicable.
2. Deposit: Payment of the deposit constitutes acceptance of quotation. Once payment is made the quoted amount becomes
binding and no correspondence will be entered into over the final amount payable upon completion of work. Deposits
are used to cover the purchase of some or all of the material needed and therefore are NON REFUNDABLE. Please
note that if a deposit is made in cash, a cash deposit fee will be added onto the final amount payable.
3. VALIDITY: Due to regular increase in material costs, quotations are valid for 14 days from date of issue.
4. COC: The issuing of a Certificate of Compliance might be necessary depending on the type of work performed. This will be
included in the quote if necessary. The CoC will only cover the work that has been performed and not the entire
installation unless the quotation is for rectifying faults and/or discrepancies so that a CoC for the entire installation
may be issued. The CoC will NOT be issued until fhe final payment has been received in full.
5: GOODS: Goods/material remain the property of WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd until paid for in full. WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd reserves
the right to remove any goods/material from the clients premises if payment in full is not received within 30 days of
the completion of work.
6: COMENCEMENT: Work will begin after receiving the deposit at a time agreed between the client and WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd or at a
later stage in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
7: OVERTIME: Unless specifically listed in the quotation, the amount quoted excludes any and all overtime. Any overtime worked will
be charged extra and at a higher hourly rate. In the event of quoted overtime, should the amount of overtime worked
be more than that quoted for, due to circumstances that canot be or could not have been foreseen, the extra
amount of overtime will be added onto the final amount payable.
8. EXTRAS: Any extra trips made and/or work performed and/or material used due to any unforeseen circumstances not arising
through the actions of WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd or its employees, or through the direct instruction from the client or
any other matter whatsoever will be charged extra and added onto the final amount payable.
9. THEFT / Any and all material and/or appliances (including but not limited to, lights, socket outlets, switches, isolators, wires,
DAMAGES stoves, ovens, cooker hoods etc.) once installed, will be deemed to have been handed to the client.
WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd, its directors, employees and affiliates will not accept responsibility, nor will they be held
responsible under any circumstances for any loss due to theft, fire, riots, acts of God etc. or for any damage caused to
the installed material or appliances by whatever nature. Unless it can be proved beyond any reasonable doubt that the
cause of said damages or loss is directly linked to WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd, its directors, employees or affiliates.
Any material or appliances needed to be replaced due to the circumstances described will be charged extra and added
to the final amount payable.
10. TENDERS/ If a tender or long term contract is accepted, all of the above terms and conditions will apply but in addition to the
CONTRACTS deposit paid, monthly draws will be made. The "monthly draw invoice" will be issued to the client before or on the
25th of the month in question and will include the amounts for all work performed, material used and trips made
during the month. Payment will be due by end of said month. Failure to make payment will result in the suspension
of all work on site until payment has been received. By the end of the tender or contract all extras will be calculated
and added onto the final amount payable where after the final invoice will be issued to the client.
THESE TERMS WILL BE SUSPENDED IF THE CONTRACT OR TENDER DOCUMENTS REQUIRE US TO WORK
UNDER ITS TERMS. CERTAIN TERMS HOWEVER WILL NOT BE SUSPENDED, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR INFORMATION
WDY Electrical (Pty)Ltd reserves their right to suspend delivery of any orders in the event that payment for such orders is not made on time. In the circumstances where payment is outstanding for a period exceeding 30 days from date of statement WDY Electrical (Pty)Ltd will charge interest at a rate not exceeding 2% per month or as per the maximum rate determined by the National Credit Act from time to time on overdue payments.
All accounts older than 30 days will be handed over for collection and will the Client be liable to pay all legal fees with regard to the collection of such outstanding amounts on a fees scale as determined by the court of law/tribunal where the collection matter will be adjudicated.
The Client hereby agrees to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate Court of Bellville (Cape Town) in the event that any outstanding amount is handed over for collection, although such Magistrate Court may normally not have jurisdiction in the matter.
Please choose carefully. WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd does not normally give refunds with regards to goods being supplied if you simply change your mind or make the wrong decision. You can choose between a refund, exchange or repair, where goods are defective within the warranty period or within 10 business days if the goods are wrongly described, different from the sample shown to you or do not perform. If the goods are installed, affixed or amended we will not accept a return of the equipment, unless defective. We may charge a handling fee if the return is accepted by management.
WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd requires a deposit as determined to confirm the reservation for the goods/services being supplied. We may impose a cancellation fee in the event of cancellation before the date of delivery of the goods/services. The fee will depend on the nature of the order, the length of notice of cancellation before the order, the reasonable potential to find alternative clients for the order and the reason for cancellation. No refunds on deposits in the event of cancellation for already ordered/made Special–Order goods.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd’s obligation to supply goods on time shall in all cases be subject to the following:
Whilst delivery times are given in good faith and WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd will use every endeavour to comply therewith, no responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage incurred by the Client on account of any delay in delivery arising out of any circumstances beyond WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd’s control, which circumstances will include, but in no way be limited to:
any delays in the supply of goods by WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd’s Suppliers which cannot be directly or indirectly attributed to them;
the client not providing WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd with necessary information in order to determine the specifications of the goods required.
the client or his/her/its employees not providing WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd with the adequate information, necessary in order to ensure that the goods meets its specific requirements. The Company reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the Client's original requirements change or upon inspection by us;
if the balance of the contract price payable on date of reservation is not paid on date of anticipated reservation to WDY Electrical (Pty)Ltd.
WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd will communicate unavoidable delay in the delivery.
WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd warrants its Client that the goods which have been supplied by it and delivered to the Client shall be free from defects and subject to the following:
The warranty is effective for a period of six months. The date is determined from date of delivery and will the Client be entitled to either request a refund; replacement or repair of the goods if the goods being provided are believed to be of a substandard quality within such period;
The warranty shall immediately be rendered null and void in the event of any of the following:
Any alterations or modifications or addition made to the goods, without the prior consent of WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd;
Failure to use goods supplied in accordance with the instructions and specifications of WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd;
Damages due to the general mistreatment and abuse of the goods supplied;
Any damage caused by fire, flood, civil disturbance or act of God;
the goods have not been inspected by an technical expert in order to evaluate/determine the reason for the defects in the material, before the client requested its replacement, repair or refund.
WARRANTY CLAUSE ON REPAIRS BY WDY ELECTRICAL (PTY) LTD
The repair services which have been supplied and/or undertaken by WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd and provided to the Client shall be free from defects and subject to the following:
The warranty is effective for a period of three months. The date is determined from date of finalization of the repair works to the goods by WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd and will the Client be entitled to either request a refund; replacement or repair of the repair works undertaken on the goods if the repair works is believed to be of a substandard quality within such period;
The warranty shall immediately be rendered null and void in the event of any of the following:
The Client approving/creating any alterations or modifications or addition made to the repair works undertaken by WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd, without the prior consent of the WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd;
The Client failing to treat the repaired goods in accordance with the instructions and specifications of WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd;
Damages due to the general mistreatment and abuse of the repaired goods by the Client after the repairs have been made by WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd;
Any damage caused by fire, flood, civil disturbance or act of God;
Any default that can be attributed to normal wear and tear of the goods during the repair works to the goods taking into regard the oldness or “newness” of equipment/parts used and the use it was normally put to in the past. All refurbished/reconditioned/previously used equipment/parts will only be supplied and installed by WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd at the Client’s specific instructions;
the repair works to the goods have not been inspected by an expert in order to evaluate/determine the reason for the defects in the repair works, before the Client requested its replacement, repair or refund.
Although we at WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd endeavour to supply goods of exceptional quality, we cannot be held liable in the instance where the goods are not according to your specifications or specific need, due to any circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
THE TESTING AND INSPECTION OF ELECTRICAL INSTALlATIONS
1. The amount quoted is for the TESTING AND INSPECTION of the electrical installation ONLY and is payable immediately upon
completion of said tests and inspection by whatever means agreed upon beforehand.
2. The quoted amount does NOT include the issuing of a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE nor does it entitle the client to receiving one.
3. A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE will be issued at NO EXTRA COST should the installation be found to be safe and in compliance with
the latest version of the code of practice for the wiring of premises, SANS 10142-1.
4. Should any faults and/or discrepancies be found during testing and inspection the following terms apply:
4.1 A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE WILL NOT BE ISSUED until said faults and/or discrepancies are rectified.
4.2 PAYMENT is still MANDATORY since the tests and inspection has been completed.
4.3 A report will be provided to the client listing the faults and/or discrepancies.
4.4 A quotation will be provided to the client to rectify the listed faults and/or discrepancies.
4.5 The client has the option to accept the quotation or to seek alternate quotations from various other contractors.
4.6 Should the client accept the quotation the TERMS AND CONDITIONS as set out for the acceptance of quotation will become
4.6.1 Work shall be commenced to carry out any repairs/rectifications necessary for the installation to comply with the latest version of
4.6.2 Upon completion of repairs/rectifications a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE will be issued, the cost for this will be included in the
4.7 Should the client decide to use another contractor to carry out the needed repairs/rectifications, that contractor should perform a
test and inspection of the electrical installation and issue a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE. WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd will NOT be held
liable nor shall we accept responsibility for any costs incurred by the customer should they choose to use another contractor for the
4.8 WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd WILL NOT issue a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE if the customer opted to use another contractor to perform
the repairs/rectifications nor will we issue a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE on work performed by others.
5. NO UNNECESSARY FAULTS and/or DISCREPANCIES will be found and listed so as to incur extra costs. Any and all faults and/or
discrepancies will only be listed if said faults and/or discrepancies prohibits the issuing of a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE.
6. Please note that NO CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE will be issued under ANY circumstances should the
ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION or ANY PART thereof be found to be UN SAFE or NOT IN COMPLIANCE with the latest
version of SANS 10142-1.
7. Please take note that the CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE will ONLY be issued once PAYMENT is received in FULL.
WDY Electrical (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to change, amend or ad to any of these terms and conditions from time to time as deemed necessary without prior notice.